A health needs assessment of the Deaf community showed that the deaf community did not receive any information about health services and that Deaf people face huge difficulties in accessing health information.
To try and improve the health and well-being of deaf people in the Wakefield district we have started to build a health information library.
We have DVD’s to loan in British Sign Language and subtitles. There are various health subjects for you to choose.
If you do not see what you are looking for please contact us we may be able to get it for you.
- Stress & relaxation
- Talking about Dementia
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Pregnancy & Childbirth for Deaf Parents
- BSL – Signs for Sexual Health
- Eat Well – be happy!
- Stroke – F.A.S.T. awareness
- Choose well – how to choose and book your appointment with a health professional