How do I obtain a hearing aid?

Visit your GP and ask him to refer you for a hearing test. He may also refer you to the ENT Specialist for an examination.

You can also ask your doctor to refer you for a hearing aid through the Choose and Book system. Choose and Book allows you to choose where you would like to be assessed for hearing aids.

This service enables GP’s to refer patients to an audiologist for assessment of age related hearing loss and provision of hearing aid(s) where appropriate. This service is currently offered at twenty-one GP locations within NHS Wakefield & District which means you can ‘Choose and Book’ the location and time to suit your needs.

NHS hearing aids, maintenance and battery replacement are free of charge. Lost or damaged hearing aids may incur a charge.