Wakefield Council considers it good practice to maintain a register of people within the Authority who are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or deaf-blind.
Registration is voluntary and you name will not be added tot he local list until you complete a registration form. You can choose to have your name removed at any time.
Registration enables the local authority to:
- Establish how many people are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or deaf-blind in Wakefield.
- Plan services accurately.
- Registering you as deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or deaf-blind may include:
- Proof of disability when booking accommodation
- Discounted rail travel on buses and trains
- Reduced admission charges for leisure centres and facilities
- piece of mind of not having to explain your disability to everyone
Wakefield Deaf Society can assist with the registration process for more information please contact us